November 4, 2007

Amsterdam



It has been a very busy and hectic time, which explains why I have failed to post for a while. Now with a little time to breathe, I hope to catch up a bit....

At the beginning of November, I was in Amsterdam for a meeting of a special working group of the International Task Force on Holocaust Education, Remembrance, and Research which was convened to consider how the work of the Task Force could be made more efficient. The second plenary of the year will be held in Prague in two week's time.


The Task Force Special Working Group Meeting in Session

I hadn't been in Amsterdam for years and was impressed once again with the beauty of the city. I took full advantage of being there to visit a number of museums, including the Anne Frank House, the Rijksmuseum, the Jewish Historical Museum, and the Amsterdam City Museum. I had a very enriching and stimulating time.





I returned to New York for three days and was able to take in a remarkable concert at the Museum featuring Micha and Cipa Dichter, before departing for Paris, which will be the subject of my next post.

No comments: