December 3, 2012

Vladka Meed


Vladka Meed at the Museum in 2007 (photo by Melanie Einzig)


























Vladka Meed, a powerful voice for Holocaust memory and education died on November 21. 

Her obituary in the New York Times recounts the fascinating details of her life. She and her late husband, Ben, were strong supporters of the Museum and entrusted us with the responsibility of organizing and running the annual Yom Hashoah event in New York City, which they founded neary fifty years ago.  Vladka was a courageous woman of remarkable intellect and dedication, and her passsing leaves a a great void.  I shall miss her.

1 comment:

Jorge Ramiro said...

I have met Vladka when I was in Buenos Aires. She was a very lovely person. I mean, she knows a lot but she is also very kind. She was stayin in a Buenos Aires temporary rent apartment, next to me. That was a real coincidence. A nice one.